On 9 December, the annual Made in Russia International Export Forum will open in Moscow. It is organized by the Russian Export Center and the Roscongress Foundation. Exporter of the Year national prize for international cooperation and export award ceremony will become the pinnacle of the Forum.
Russia’s top officials will present the award to the country’s 13 best exporters.
In 2020, Exporter of the Year competition has taken its transparency and openness principles to a whole new level.
“This award was established for state recognition of exporters’ achievements. Through this award, we can show that one can be successful even in hard times. This year, we have received a record-breaking number of applications – over 1,700. Every federal district witnessed a strong competition,” shared Veronika Nikishina, CEO of the Russian Export Center.
Thus, nominees are selected through a two-dimensional approach, which includes automated e-ranking done by artificial intelligence and expertise of the panel members. Nominees will be assessed by the following criteria: export performance, international promotion, and export activity level.
The competition offers two rounds – in eight federal districts and nationwide.
In order to ensure openness of competition procedures, experts of the unified disctrict panel selected the nominees in a live broadcast. Participants of this stage also included leaders of regional export support centres and line agencies from 82 Russian regions as part of the network the Russian Export Center created to support export on a regional level.
This year, the competition added another new feature to ensure openness: exporters called in the federal panel meeting to answer the experts’s questions.
The federal panel chaired by Deputy Prime Minister of Russia Andrey Belousov selected 13 winners in 12 categories out of 85 regional champions. In one of the categories, two companies shared the prize.
- Industrial Exporter of the Year (category: large businesses)
URAL Automotive Plant (Chelyabinsk Region)
– Industrial Exporter of the Year (category: small and medium-sized businesses)
First prize: the federal panel selected two winners in this category:
ICE-PLUS (Moscow Region)
Association of Medicine and Analytics (St. Petersburg)
– Agricultural Exporter of the Year (category: large businesses)
NMGK Group (Nizhny Novgorod Region)
– Agricultural Exporter of the Year (category: small and medium-sized businesses)
Yarmarka (Republic of Karelia)
– Services Exporter of the Year (category: large businesses)
TRASKO (Moscow Region)
– Services Exporter of the Year (category: small and medium-sized businesses)
IT Professional Solutions (Perm Region)
– High-Tech Exporter of the Year (category: large businesses)
GEROPHARM (St. Petersburg)
– High-Tech Exporter of the Year (category: small and medium-sized businesses)
Neurosoft (Ivanovo Region)
– Trader of the Year (category: large businesses)
Prodex (Republic of Tatarstan)
– Trader of the Year (category: small and medium-sized businesses)
Penetron-Export (Sverdlovsk Region)
– New Geography
Kuban-Vino (Krasnodar Region)
– Breakthrough of the Year
Soya ANK Oil Extraction Plant (Amur Region)